Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Schizophrenia

Clearly I've become a bit schizophrenic in my passion regarding place. I love the Sonoran desert to the point of feeling a spiritual connection, but despite years of developing summer heat strategies I still feel too cooped up from June through at least August.

Or maybe in the years since I've had another option, namely our Colorado mountain property, the property we are now going to build a cabin on, I can't help thinking about snuggling under the covers and taking the chill off an August morning with a fire in the wood burning stove before spending the rest of the day outside, instead of sleeping without even a sheet and dashing out for a quick morning walk in the predawn heat that is Tucson in the summer.

Mind you, if I were forced to choose between my life here in the desert, snugged up against the Tucson Mountains, and a life in the Colorado Rockies, I'd choose the desert, hands down. Luckily I don't have to choose. And neither do you. I've created a new blog to document our mountain time and the past, present, and future of a high elevation cabin.

Join me at my other blog Rocky Mountain Cabin Redux for our adventure rebuilding the family cabin and our "high" life.

No comments:

Post a Comment