Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cactus in the Fog

Saguaro, Ocotillo, and Palo Verde

This is guest-blogger Bob.  The Sonoran Desert is also my passion.  I volunteer on my day off in the botany department at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, and also get involved with cactus rescues for the Tucson Cactus and Succulent Society.  I propagate many of my own cacti, and generally spend much of my free time moving dirt from one place to another.  I look forward to having more time for it when I retire.

The aftermath of yesterday’s daylong slow rain, plus an overnight low in the ‘30s, was heavy fog this morning.  I was inspired to take the following pictures from Debbie’s and my yard:

Dripping wet mesquite
Cholla, small Organ Pipe cactus
(note long green snake, possibly a Boomslang)
Small Senita (2 types), Sonoran galloping cactus
Barrel cacti
Yucca
Cholla Forest

2 comments:

  1. As far as I can tell the snake you identified is not a Boomslang but is in fact a Coral snake that I painted green for St. Patty's day. I wondered where he went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Bob! You've got to love a foggy day in Tucson!

    ReplyDelete